Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Where did I go?

Wow.  Has it been this long since I have written something?  It almost feels like I forgot a piece of who I am and that kinda really sucks.  So here I am again, trying to find me I guess.  That is a bold statement I think.  So many people in this world roam around lost trying to find a direction.  More often than not we stay lost, which is very sad.

The word maintain comes to mind.  That is our new mindset now a days.  Gone are the days of grow and be better.  Gone are the days of lifting each other up and making each other better.  We look into the world and see a reflection of ourselves period.  We used to believe in each other and ourselves.  Now we just tread water to keep from drowning.

Here is the funny thing about maintaining one constant state of mind and life all the time.  We get used to it.  We get institutionalized.  I am reminded of one of my favorite movies ever, Shawshank Redemption.  One of the characters says that at first we hate the walls, then we get used to them, then we grow to depend on them.  A friend of mine just recently became debt free.  He told me that it is the weirdest feeling in the world.  He felt that he needed to create more debt to feel "normal",

This is who we are now.  We are no longer people that strive for more or better.  We stay because we are afraid of more or less.  We dream of more... stuff but no substance.  When we have more stuff we yearn for the simple days.

I ask why.

Why?

.....
The End

Tito Ceas

A little rough around the edges but I will get there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment